Tuesday, May 7

First Dental Exam

Goodness, is our boy getting big! Next week we are picking up his enrollment form for preschool! I can't believe it, but it is also so much fun! 

Today was really fun. We had an awesome visit to the dentist! 


 The waiting room had a fun toy chest. Jonah nearly fell in one time trying to get something that was on the bottom! We waited just long enough to enjoy that great barn!

Then it was off to the exam room with the hygienist, Mr. Matt.   Matt was great. He took me back to my own childhood hygienist,  Vicki.  I always loved going to her as a kid, and now I still love getting my teeth cleaned. Hopefully my kids will feel the same way. 

 Jonah made himself right at home. He loved looking at all the neat tools. He even got to use the "saliva vacuum" on himself. If you know Jonah, you may have noticed his mouth is usually ...um....overly salivated. (he still drools at age 3). Well, apparently this is very healthy. His tartar build-up, however, was not. We were encouraged to get a spin brush and use it twice a day. 

They were also very interested in his missing tooth. One of his top teeth never came in. I've always been curious about it. So was Mr. Matt. To the point that he did a FREE x-ray. I told him it wasn't in our budget and he did it anyway. Good news. There is no tooth stuck up in there. We will have to investigate further when it's time for adult teeth. 

Speaking of adult teeth....when the dentist came in and examined him, she said we might want to start saving NOW for all the orthodontic work our guy might need in the future. He's got an open bite,  meaning his molars come together in such a way that his other teeth can't quite meet in the front. 
 Here is our little guy with his goodie bag. They gave him a new toothbrush, toothpaste, flossers, stickers, AND three little toys....wow! When I was a kid, I was excited for the toothbrush and floss. 




 Afterwards we went to visit Daddy at work. 
We set ourselves up with a little picnic in the back room.  
Elizabeth had fun too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment