Jonah and I embarked on a fun project Sunday night. He has been wanting a rice bag of his own lately, so we made one.
I have had a rice bag for a couple of years....just some fabric sewn in a simple rectangular pouch that can be heated as needed. I like to have it on my feet at night, or on my neck if I don't feel well. Anyway....Jonah wanted one.
I just so happened to get a new sewing machine from Santa this year. I had not even threaded it yet, but was itching to break it in. The rice bag project seemed like a good idea. I'd thought about letting Jonah choose some fabric from the store. Then, I thought of another idea...a quite brilliant idea if I do say so myself. Jonah agreed, and wanted to get started right away.
When Jonah was born I received a sweet little burp cloth with his name on it. I loved it and have hung on to it. I couldn't just toss it, but we really haven't had a use for it...until now!
I loved his enthusiasm! He kept hugging me and saying how much he loved making it with me. I love these priceless moments with our sweet little guy!

No comments:
Post a Comment