Jonah has gotten to have a few helper days at school, but I forgot to take any pictures until his most recent. Helper Day is always fun. I don't know who gets more excited, me or him!!
On Helper Day the child gets to bring a snack (a special treat if it is their birthday), do show-and-tell, and help at calendar time! The mommy or daddy gets to help with the art project, observe all the cute little kids playing, and clean the bathroom and classroom at the end of the day.
Here is Jonah helping do calendar time. They review the month, spelling it out. They review the days of the week and say what day that day is. They also count all the days on the calendar until they arrive at that days number, which the helper gets to put in place.
Here we see him showing and telling about Thomas the Train. The kids got to ask him questions about it and then everyone had a turn to look at/hold it.
Snack Time! On this day Jonah chose to take Teddy Grahams and cinnamon apple sauce.
Helper Day has been a great way for me to get to know some of the other kids and even a few parents. I love observing Jonah as he interacts with others. His teacher tells me that he is one of the best at asking good questions and being funny. Another mom, who I am getting to know, told me after her first helper day that Jonah was her favorite!! I'm glad he is just as lovable at school as he is at home!



No comments:
Post a Comment