We had a fabulous family vacation this year. To many people it was nothing extravagant, but to us it was just-right. It was low-key, low-budget and really fancy all at the same time. Fancy because we were not under the same-old-roof staring at the same-four-walls so to speak. We got away to a familiar comfortable place and did some out-of-the-ordinary things.
1st stop: Kansas City Sea Life Aquarium.
We were intrigued by these little guys. They were not the main attraction of their tank, but they were the only ones not labeled. So, we were curious and looked them up after we got home. I think we determined it was a spiny lobster.
Next we reached the hands-on tank. There were things we could touch and a person to explain them to us.
sea life...and kids...
| Look what I found in the ocean display! I hope he doesn't get eaten by a big fish!! |
You may have observed that these pictures are sub-par. We were instructed not to use flash. The low lighting made it really hard to get good shots. So, I tried recording video some of the time. I didn't get as much footage as I should have. I just took some short snippets here and there because I didn't want to fill up the memory card on day one! I wish I would have gotten more of the tunnel we all went through.
I broke the flash rule in the sting-ray room. I figured since I was taking the pictures above the tank, they wouldn't be harmed.
After we left the aquarium we headed out for a late lunch. The bbq place we read about online was just a few miles away. Well....when we got there the line was out the door, like, way out the door, in the rain, no less. Jonathan and Daryl went to investigate and they said the line was at least 100 people deep inside the building. I'm sure their food is amazing. And had we not had the starving children with us, we may have given it a shot. Maybe another day. We ended up eating at a very good restaurant on the Plaza. The food was great, but Elizabeth was not. :( She was the worst she's ever been in public. Kind of the opposite of how she looks in that picture above!
Stay tuned for Part 2!

No comments:
Post a Comment