Wednesday, November 20

Vacation: Part 2.


I really thought I would have posted this sooner than now. Oh well, here it is. Better late than never. :)

Jonathan has some cousins who live near KC. They had plans to go to a pumpkin patch near where we were, so we joined them. It was a neat little place with several animals. This photo was taken on the hay ride. Notice the extra little bundle....that is Baby Evie. I think she was 9 weeks old at the time! So precious!! I loved getting to hold her. 


 Some of the critters...


There were also goats...and lots and lots of pumpkins. And a dog and cat that got lots of attention from our kids. 
I love our family time. 


And then came LegoLand!! 

We really enjoyed it. There were lots of neat things to see and do. 

 In the first room you can see how Legos are made and watch a mastermind assembling big stuff behind a Plexiglas window. 

Next came a little ride, of which I didn't get any pictures. We rode a little train-type seat throughout and had little laser guns to help aid the lego guys with stuff. It was neat. Then came the pumpkin room. They had those green circular things full of all kinds of orange legos. The idea was to create a pumpkin and leave it to decorate for Halloween (like the display behind Jonah). 




They also have a room dedicated to mini figures. It was AMAZING. People had constructed, from Lego, every single KC landmark. It was unbelievable. The Speedway had interactive parts that allowed the visitor to "race" cars. Everything had lights and some had animation. They had constructed scenes from the Wizard of Oz. The scene with the house had a tornado and you could feel the wind blow. You just have to see it to "get it", but it was cool. 

Then came the little kid area. The Lego Duplo playground. All these characters are on the Lego website so Jonah was familiar with them and has played games with these characters in them. 




 This one is my favorite. 





I realize now how few pictures I got. 
After Duplo land we got to see a 4D movie. We weren't really sure what 4D meant...until we got sprayed by the crashing waterfall we saw on the screen. It was neat. We wore 3D glasses of course, but could also feel wind and "water." It couldn't have been true water because it dried too quickly. 

Then, Jonah got to his favorite area...where we could build and race our own cars. He and I worked together on a car that looked like Lightning McQueen. 

This was right before her footing slipped and she busted her chin. 



 Another favorite. 



No comments:

Post a Comment